The responsibilities of parents and guardians
Important to know
Parents and guardians are important partners in the six-party collaboration required to ensure the optimum functioning of school transport services for pupils.
Planning school transport for 4,500 pupils with different school start and finish times every day is a major job. To avoid delays and inconveniences for you as a parent or guardian, it is important to note that:
- The pupil must be ready for pickup in good time before the agreed pickup time
- Journeys you do not intend to use, e.g. due to illness or for other reasons, must be cancelled.
- If a pupil does not use the scheduled transport without registering a cancellation, the return journey must be reactivated in order for the pupil to be transported home.
- If you cancel a journey and subsequently change your mind, the journey must be reactivated by no later than 12:00 the day before pickup.In these circumstances we cannot guarantee that you will have the same driver as the one first assigned.
- Deviations from normal service can occur due to traffic accidents or extreme weather conditions. We hope for your understanding that such circumstances can result in delays.
Please note that for the sake of safety and space, skis, bikes, and sledges cannot be carried on board our minibuses and taxis.
If you wish to send a message to a driver, please call our contact centre on 24 20 20 33 or use our contact form.
Maintaining an overview is easy with the RuterBestilling app
Parents and guardians can easily administer school transport from their own mobile or PC using the RuterBestilling app. The app can be downloaded from the App Store and Google Play. You can also call the driver via the app. Learn how to download and use the app here: RuterBestilling